What We Believe
How Are We Saved?
Primary Passages: Acts 15:11; Ephesians 2:4-6,8-10; 2 Timothy 1:9 Additional Passages:Romans 3:22-24; Romans 5:1,17 The Bible says there is nothing we can do to earn or deserve salvation or the forgiveness of God. “Good works” achieve nothing. Only through God’s grace can we be forgiven and saved. So… How are we saved?
- If they are truly equal, no piece is larger or smaller than the others.
- If they are truly equal, no piece tastes better or worse than the others.
- If they are truly equal, no piece is desired more than or less than the others.
In regards to our salvation, we have a “pie” with six equal pieces (or six acts/steps of faith), and none are to be considered more or less important than any other. These steps of faith are:
- Belief in Jesus
- Confession (agree with God)
- Repentance (turn around 180 degrees)
- Accepting Jesus as Lord and Master
- Baptism (by immersion)
- Obedience (living a Godly life)